Sunrise at Sawley Cut September 2019

It's rare that I (Catherine) am up early enought to see sunrises on the canal. I love my bed too much.  However on this occasion after a quick nip to the loo, I peeped out of the from barn doors to see this


Sunrise, Sawley Cut, looking towards Sawley Flood Gate, September 2019

It was September 2019 and we were moored up on the towpath opposite Sawley marina.  This is the view looking away from the big double Sawley Locks

I turned round and was surprised to see the sunrise was a completely different colour looking the other way

Sunrise Sawley Cut, looking towards Ratcliffe on Soar Power Station September 2019


Sunrise at Sawley Cut, looking the other way September 2019


Again, the pic above is looking towards the double locks at Sawley - you can see the iconic Ratcliffe on Soar Power Station chimneys on the horizon  Even they look beautiful in this light










Comments

Popular Posts